Skip to main content

SOMETHING STRANGE BUT NEW

If I have something special or someone gives me something special, I will definitely take care of it pretty well. Just like what I got a couple months ago. I adopted a kitten. Never have I understood why I decided to adopt her. I mean I love cat but I never thought to have it as a pet. I was thinking that taking care of it wasn't my cup of tea. I don't like to clean its litter box, I don't like that my cat goes to my bed, I don't like to keep my eyes open. I mean, I don't even take care of myself well then how could I take care that tiny little kitten in my house perfectly?

Back of what I said, "If I have something, I would definitely take care of it pretty well." Means if I have kitten in my house, I would take care of it and if I think that I couldn't do it from the beginning, I will spontaneoustly refuse to adopt her. Did you get it? Like, I don't want  to do things that I couldn't handle. It's frustating.

So a couple months ago, I took my bravery to take care of "White" in my house because of my curiousity to have her as my first pet. I bought a lot of stuff for her. Such as, litter box, sand, dry food, wet food, and vitamin. The first and the second day was the hardest. Because she was new in my house, she keeped meowing all the time. We put her in a cage because she needed time to adapt with litter box, food, and environment. At that time, it was a Ramadhan era. So I had no idea to take care of her that well. On the third day, we let her out and I introduced her to every corner of the room in my house and fortunately she was a quick learner. She adjusted well in my house. But I wasn't used to clean her litter box and anything related to it. It was extremely difficult. I love cleanliness. So I had a hard time to it. I always washed my hands everytime I cleaned her litter box and touched her also if I accidentally hit her wet food, and I wouldn't touch her if she just popped. The next day, I told mom that I wanted to give her to my aunt (I told my aunt before if in case I couldn't take care of her, she would be the one that would take care of her) but my mom refused. She said that White already obeyed us. It was a pity to gave her besides she was kinda cute. 

Frankly speaking, I had myself convinced to give up to take care of her when she was sick. I thought what on the earth did she become like this? I never gave her such a strange food and she always ate her food everyday. as far as I remembered, she was sick twice. The first one, she had an irritation in her eye. The second one, she throwed up and she had disgestive problem. 

A couple of months later, it was a huge turning point where I started to get used to take care of her. I even treat her just like human. I cleaned her eyes and nose every morning, I gave her mix wet food and dry food twice a week, I always make time to play with her, I clean her litter box every week, and many more. 

Having a cat is like training yourself to have a kid. It takes patience, responsibility, love, and commitment. I have a sense that if we put our love into it, our pet will obey us and love us a wholeheartedly. Just like White. She always comes to my room every single morning and if I don't open it, she will scratches the door to give me a sign to wake up. That's sweet. She listen to what I am saying and she responding it as well. She waits me in front of the bathroom while I was showered. We always play hide and seek every night and she always comes to me everytime I call her. Don't you think she is that sweet?

I also learned a lot about taking care of her. For example, the reason why she throwed up was because the food didn't suit her so I changed her dry food and wet food brands. I learned that I have to stay cool and not too panic if something happened to her. Another example was when she lose her appetite. I bought a vitamin to boost her appetite and it worked. 

If someone asked me if I wanted to give her to someone else when I couldn't take care of her, my answered would be no. I am just afraid. "What if she/he couldn't take care of White just like what I did?." Right now White is already big. She is not that small anymore and her belly is round. I love that I finally could take care of her that well.

I don't want to have her and just like that. I want to take a good care of her when she is in my house. I think it is something preference. If you think that I may be exaggerating, that maybe because you don't take care as much as I do and if you think that I may be have many flaws, that maybe because I don't take care of my cat as much as you do which is acceptable. To me, I think everyone has their own way to decide what they want to do with their pet. As long as they are healthy, happy, and active, so everything is fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANOTHER STORY OF GROWING UP WOMAN

There are some good things and bad things about growing up. Sometimes you feel happy about it and sometimes you also feel sad about it. But apart from that, there are many great aspects which we can look forward to as we transition from childhood to adolescence, and eventually adulthood. As I grow older, I sometimes miss my childhood moment. When I could chit chatted with my friends, when I enjoyed being in the class, watched some matches in the class meeting, laughed together in the class, and watched some good movies in my friend's apartment. Now, we all apart. We're all busy with our activity and routine. Even if we reunite again, everything doesn't feel the same. But one thing I know for sure, the more I am growing up, the more I know about myself Here are just a few benefits of growing up and all the things you can do in order to set us up for a happy and fulfilling life. YOU REALISE WHAT'S IMPORTANT You will not care about people talking behind your back, or take

EMBRACING EMOTIONS EMBRACING ME

Hello gorgeous! This time I want to talk about human relationship. I'd like to figure things out like why this person behave this way? I always love to learn about this but, this time is a bit different because I watched quite a lot of podcast about human relationships. For instance, Jay Shetty, Stephan Speaks, and Lisa Bilyeu. Of course I don't watch all of their podcast. I choose what I want to watch based on the interviewees. As far as I watched, I'm more to Stephan, Najwa Zebian, Lori Gottlieb, Sadia Khan, and dr. Ramani. Oh I also write a summary that you can find from my highlight on instagram :) and the reason why I wrote that because I might be come to watch the podcast anymore when I feel like I want to but there is a feeling where I think it's tough since the length of videos mostly are 1-2 hours so I decided to make a summary. Maybe you would think that it is such a waste of time because we could get this kind of knowledge from everywhere. Such as, reels from

THE COURAGE TO BE DISLIKED BOOK REVIEW

Beberapa waktu yang lalu, gue sempet liat postingan orang lain di instagram tentang buku - buku yang dia baca. Buku putih dengan warna font hitam merah dan cover yang simple menarik perhatian gue. Tanpa mikir panjang, gue mencari buku tersebut dan mencoba untuk membacanya. Hal yang pertama kali menarik perhatian gue adalah judul dari bukunya itu sendiri. Buku The Courage To Be Disliked merupakan salah satu buku favorit gue tentang psikologi dan kehidupan. Bacaannya ringan, dialognya berisi kata - kata yang jelas, contoh case yang disajikan juga sangat mencerminkan ke dalam kehidupan sehari - hari, dan buku ini merupakan buku dengan penjelasan yang paling masuk akal dari berbagai buku yang pernah gue baca, juga buku ini sangat membekas sehingga gue pun tidak sungkan untuk membacanya berulang - ulang. Walaupun agak begitu sulit untuk menerapkan beberapa teori dari buku tersebut ke dalam kehidupan sehari - hari, tapi gue selalu mencoba untuk melihat dari sudut pandang lain.  The Courage t